The properties of Cordyceps, the “miraculous fungus”, have been known in Chinese medicine since ancient times. The most recent scientific research confirms these claims pointing to numerous qualities of Cordyceps that boost natural defence, body functions and overall well-being.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, Cordyceps supports overall good health, strengthens human resistance to disease, builds strength, endurance and stamina. Owed to its scarcity and high price, Cordyceps had always been reserved exclusively for the Emperors’ indulgence; and until recently, it has been virtually unknown in the Western world.
Cordyceps sinensis, or rather Ophiocordyceps sinensis – as this is the scientific name of the species since 2007, is also known as caterpillar fungus or simply cordyceps. During the warm months is grows like any fungus, however in the winter the larvae of certain moth species become its host. To survive, the fungus kills and then mummifies the insect, and feeds on it. Cordyceps is naturally present in Tibet and Nepal at altitudes between three and five thousand metres above sea level.
Discovered about one and a half thousand years ago by Himalayan shepherds, it quickly found applications in Chinese herbal medicine mainly as an energising, anti-ageing agent that prevents dementia, and improves physical condition. Due to its scarcity and “miraculous” properties’cordyceps reached a very high price. In ancient China, only the imperial court and aristocracy could afford to use it. Nowadays, these “miraculous fungi” are grown in bioreactors. The annual production is counted in millions on tons, hence now everyone can benefit from its extraordinary qualities.
Tiens produces this remarkable supplement using highly advanced biotechnology at the same time preserving the natural contents of the preparation.
The main ingredients of cordyceps are cordycepin and adenosine – active substances whose presence in the fungus determines the quality of the cultivation. They can play a role in a wide spectrum of biological processes, for instance in intercellular transport of energy. Other active ingredients are polysaccharides, cordycepic acid and vitamin A, B, C, E, 16 among acids, superoxide dismutase (SOD) as well as zinc, selenium, magnesium, iron and potassium.
- Enhances the body’s general resistance.
- Improves appetite, beneficial during convalescence.
- Energises, increases stamina, reduces fatigue, which can improve sports performance.
- Displays antiviral and antibacterial properties against e.g. Staphylococcus aureus.
- Helps balance blood sugar metabolism.
- Supports the respiratory system, especially lung efficiency and oxygen utilisation (accelerates cell adaptation to low oxygen levels).
- Enhances male potency.
- Supports the Immune System:
• Strengthens the immune system – use Cordyceps for increasing immunity in adults;
• Reduces effects of chronic fatigue;
• Promotes vitality, and longevity;
• Protects the body against the damaging effects of radiation and tumor formation.
- Supports the Respiratory System:
• Helps improve symptoms of chronic bronchitis;
• Promotes healthy lung function.
- Supports Kidney Function:
• Promotes healthy kidney function;
• Acts as a kidney tonic.
• Increases brain performance;
• Ensures normal function of body organs.
- The traditional and modern application of Cordyceps includes bronchial asthma, insomnia, anxiety, adrenal hypo function, hypertension, impotence and bacterial infection. Cordyceps has properties similar to ginseng, being used to strengthen and rebuild the body after exhaustion.
- Compounds found in Cordyceps are classified as HDP “Host Defense Potentiators”. These compounds include: hemicellulose, polysaccharides, polysaccharide-peptides, nucleosides, triterpeniods, complex starches, and other metabolites. Combinations of these compounds are now believed to target the human immune system as well as aid in neuron transmission, metabolism, hormonal balance and nutrient and oxygen transport. They support the development of lymphoid stem cells and other important body defense responses.
- Tests show that there are no traces of hormones or stimulants in these ingredients.
Who Cordyceps Capsules is suitable for?
- Weak and low immunity, susceptible to cold;
- Regular smokers, coughing and persons with asthma;
- Recovering from diseases or operations;
- High blood fat or cardiovascular diseases;
- Diabetes (diabetes type 1 and diabetes type 2);
- Recommended in liver diseases;
- After chemo- or radiotherapy;
- Busy work and chronic fatigue;
- Hypertension and poor sleep;
- Frequent users of computer, mobile phone and microwave appliances.
- Taken with Zinc Capsules and Maca Tablets, Cordyceps Capsules is recommended for impotence.
- Not to be used by breastfeeding mothers.
- Not to be used by pregnant women.
- Not to be used by children under 12 years of age.
It is important to remember that cordyceps preparations cause to a large extent calcium a washout effect in the body, thus it is recommended to simultaneously take calcium supplements that can alleviate the calcium deficiencies.
A number of 1–2 capsule of the preparation may be taken twice a day, on an empty stomach between meals with warm water.
Cordyceps preparation may disrupt the action of some immunosuppressive drugs (medications reducing the activity of the immune system used e.g. in transplant rejection prevention), therefore remember to inform your doctor about its use.